Blue light blocking glasses are a type of eyewear designed to filter out or block blue light emitted by digital screens such as computers, smartphones, and tablets. Blue light is known to disrupt sleep patterns and can cause eye strain, headaches, and other vision-related problems.
Here are some things to consider when choosing blue light blocking glasses:
1. Quality of the lens: Look for glasses with high-quality lenses that are specifically designed to block blue light. Cheap or low-quality lenses may not effectively block blue light, defeating the purpose of wearing the glasses.
2. Degree of blocking: Not all blue light blocking glasses are created equal. Some may block a higher percentage of blue light than others. Look for glasses that block at least 90% of blue light.
3. Comfort: Make sure the glasses are comfortable to wear and fit well on your face. Look for glasses with lightweight frames and adjustable nose pads or temple tips for a secure fit.
4. Prescription options: If you wear prescription glasses, consider getting blue light blocking lenses added to your regular glasses. This way, you can get the benefits of blue light protection without needing to wear an additional pair of glasses.
5. Style: Blue light blocking glasses come in a variety of styles and designs. Choose a pair that suits your personal style and fashion sense. There are even options that look like regular glasses but with blue light blocking properties, so you don't have to sacrifice style for function.